Warkworth Anglican Church Cemetery

The Warkworth Anglican Church Cemetery, in the grounds of the Anglican Church of St Philip at Warkworth, contains monuments dating from 1854 to the present day. Within the cemetery is a stone monument “dedicated to the pioneering families of the region and past worshipper of [sic] Saint Philip’s Church.” This displays plaques naming about 100 persons, some of whom are buried in this cemetery and some in the Warkworth General Cemetery adjoining. The grave locations of others included are unknown. In what is now just a paddock outside the church yard, are the remains of the Warkworth General Cemetery. The few marked graves date from 1854. (via Australian Cemeteries Index)

READ MORE:  Mangonui Public & Old Cemetery

Leave a comment.