Old Takapuna Fire Station

The Takapuna Fire Station and administration buildings include the original 1952 single storied fire station of 134 sq m; the larger multi-level 1959 fire station with accompanying training tower encompassing 1530 sq m; a 1972 fire training building and a double garage in the north western corner of the site.

The near-rectangular shaped property has a wide frontage Killarney St of about 80 metres and is bordered on two sides by Killarney Park. The southern end of Lake Pupuke is less than a 150 metre walk through the park.

The fire station sold in July 2015 for NZ$14.3 million.

Leave a Reply