Knights Hospitaller Fortified Church – Templetown, Wexford

The land here first was given to the monastic soldiers of the Knights Templar by Henry II, but when they were suppressed in 1307, the land was given to the Knights Hospitaller – who arrived with the Norman Strongbow, and later built this small place of worship.

There are reports of ghostly figures and strange lights seen flitting amongst the headstones and around the church grounds.

Leave a Reply